Strawberry Cheesecake Mason Jar Recipe by CarlasCakes.
I was tanning on Kits Beach in Vancouver with my cousin when she gave me this spectacular idea! How perfect is a cheesecake, with your fave toppings in a jar! Basically, its a portable cheesecake snack mmmmmm!
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 12 min Total Time: 32 min
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice from half of a lemon
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 Tb butter
- 6 short mason jars
- 8 oz room temperature cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest from one lemon
- In a small pot on the stove, cook the sliced strawberries and the sugar until the juices from the strawberries have been released and add the lemon juice. Cook until the mixture starts to bubble. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and the powdered sugar together in a small bowl. In a small pot on the stove, melt the butter completely. Add the melted butter to the crumbs and the sugar and mix thoroughly. Using a small scooper, put one scoop of the crust into each mason jar and pat down with your fingers. Bake the jars in a 350˚ oven for 12 minutes.
- Whip up the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon zest until there are no more lumps. Fold the whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture until fully combined.
- Assembly: Using a piping bag, pipe the cream cheese mixture into the mason jars, leaving enough space in the top for the strawberry topping. Scoop the strawberry topping on top and you are ready to enjoy! These keep for about two days.
And vuala! You can add any toppings such as chocolate, raspberries, blueberries, or cherries. Pop open the lid and just dig out these scrumptious treats with a spoon. Enjoy 🙂